Railway Administration and Information Logical System
RAILS is a software model of an automated system to assist the model railroader achieve realism in the operation of a model railroad by providing:
- Operating session plans resulting from the needs of industries to move products from one location to another
- Simulated rolling stock failures
- Cab controls
- Automatic execution of regular scheduled trains
- Display of the rail network and location of trains.
In addition it provides:
- Model railroad asset tracking and management by organizing the development of assets into projects
- Rolling stock inventory
RAILS interacts with several key subsystems to control the physical model railroad environment.